Wednesday, June 10, 2020

My Birthday

I love celebrating my birthdays. I had always celebrated my Star birthday as per the Malayalam calendar.


It was only after my marriage that I began to celebrate my date of birth. I started cutting the cake. Before marriage, I had never cut cake on my birthday. I was born and brought up in  a village called Kattussery in Alathur, Palakkad, Kerala. Cakes were not available then.


This year my star birthday was on May 29th. Usually, I go to the temple and make sadhya for lunch. This year I couldn’t do either because of the COVID-19 lockdown.Hence,  I made veg biryani and gobi manchurian at home.


On my date of birth, we cut a chocolate crunch cake my husband purchased from Caramella’s. My daughter had asked her father to buy a chocolate cake for me. She was very excited to cut the cake.


 


After cutting the cake we took a lot of selfies. I am a selfie maniac.I don’t have many photos from my childhood. But, my sister has many. That makes me jealous. So, when I bought a smartphone, I took photos everyday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Vishu

Vishu is an auspicious festival of Kerala. It is our new year. This is a festival of joy and prosperity. Vishu is observed on the 1st day...